I’m too stubborn to quit.
Even if others can’t see it, I’m doing something. It might not be what they want me to do or what they think I ought to do. They might not know or believe that something can be done or that things can be better, or that I can do something.
I can’t be held back. I won’t be held back. And if others miss out, they miss out. That’s not what I want and it would be a shame, but what can I do about it? I can’t conform to others. I can’t just go along with what they want.
Probably time to change direction.
I need to shine, not to put others in darkness, because light brings things out of darkness.
I need to shine, not because I matter at all; rather, because God matters all.
“And if I perish, I perish.” [Esther 4:16]
I don’t even know what I can do. Possibilities. Reaching for the possibilities, however imperfectly as long as it’s done faithfully.
I want more.
No comments:
Post a Comment