Jenn, Jenny, or Jennifer?
For some reason, no one called me ‘Jenny’ as I was growing up. It’s only recently that I’ve been hearing people call me ‘Jenny’ with some frequency.
In 7th grade, I had a friend named Jenny. The following year, I made friends with KN’s younger sister, also named Jenny. I’ve been trained not to answer to ‘Jenny’ --- which is cool ‘cause all the Gump “Jen-ay” references were aimed at them!When I was a senior, someone came up behind me and asked me a question. I inadvertently snubbed her; she had called out ‘Jenny’ and I didn’t know she was addressing me. My friend had to tell me, “Um, I think she’s talking to you.”
‘Jenn’ or ‘Jennifer’ is just fine.
One day, I think it was in 2004 or something, I decided I would be more ‘grown up’ about my name. I started signing off as ‘Jennifer.’ I was reconnected with Neo; he noticed the signature and asked, “Why do you write ‘Jennifer?’” “Um, because that’s my name…?!” [sarc.]
Only it’s a little tricky whenever I type it because sometimes I go too fast and I have to correct “Jennfier.”
[Photo from here.]
No comments:
Post a Comment