After taking care of some business, we went over to Circuit City. Not my fault, Brother was buying something! I checked out the camara’s just in case they had something for me. I ended up getting “Lean on Me” for a good price. [We don’t wan’ a good principal! We wan’ MR. CLARK!]. Great movie, check it out some time.
Since we were over there, we moved on to see the Lego exhibit at Pearlridge Uptown. It opened just today with 6 exhibits. The artist was present, working on the next piece to be displayed.
It was pretty neat. There was the guy with the disconnected head; the Aloha Pencil; lady swimming; the Parthenon; the hangman; and cone/ball thing. Hmm…maybe I shoulda taken down the names of the pieces. I guess I was busy not tripping over the keiki.
The cone/ball thing was alright; I didn’t take a shot of it. The Sleepy Hollow man was pretty cool. I LOVED the Parthenon- that’s my kinda building! I wish I could pass Lego for building models during studio crits. Then when a professor asks, “Is that structurally sound?” I can say, “Of course! It stands in Lego, doesn’t it?” Hangman was cool too. The tower’s out of Lego also.
I thought the swimmer was okay but it would’ve been a long shot anyway. After seeing the physique in Hangman and Sleepy Hollow, I get it. The guy’s studied the human figure. Then my overly analytical side is saying, “Man, her [swimming] technique’s all wrong!” See, a few years ago, I took a swimming class at UH to tighten up my strokes. If I remember correctly, the coach said that only 5% of our bodies should be out of the water at any time. Okay, and a little of it might be that I’m jealous she’s got a swimmer’s body and I don’t. Whatever. I bet I can beat her in a race….
I was rather impressed with the gi-normous pencil. That invisible giant’s got pretty good penmanship! Thumbs up!
___________________________
Uptown’s my old haunt. I was noticing all the new stores that came in since the last time I’d been there, which has been a while now. Forever21’s expanding- what?!! Ah, good times…and some not so good….
Enjoy the photos; I wanna go back later when the other 2 exhibits are finished. Anyone interested in going with me?
If I could, I seriously would go back and make a scale model of the Retreat Project I had for Studio 301 [WU] out of Lego! The site was a generic that we developed, supposed to be anywhere in L.A. I designed my project [n.] to project [v.] off the side of a cliff. It was cool if I say so myself.
If you could, what would you make out of Lego?
Mahalo for reading in!
"Honey, put your head back on! We've got people coming over!"
[I have no idea why Doris and Gus have a French-Canadian sort of accent in my head]
He's the one looking down over the table.
No comments:
Post a Comment